“FC Goa is home for me” …says Varun Dhawan, the irresistible Bollywood charmer

“FC Goa is home for me” …says Varun Dhawan, the irresistible Bollywood charmer
SRK endorsed Varun Dhawan as being a sweet and hardworking actor. This was amply evident at J N Stadium, Fatorda, where the ‘Dilwale’ star made his presence felt as his team FC Goa took on leading team Pune City FC. In the ninety-odd minutes of game play between heart stopping moments and cheering, Varun ensured he didn’t disappoint his fans and children who kept him busy asking for autographs and selfies. In conversation with NT BUZZ is Bollywood’s new charmer

Q: Your recent movie Badlapur is etched in my mind. What has the movie done for you?

Signing Badlapur was definitely a life changing, career changing decision. I did not know how it would pan out for me. I am very grateful to the audience for accepting it. It recently premiered on TV and also found great acceptance. Badlapur will remain a special film, not just for me, but in Indian cinema. It did push the envelope.

Q: Post Badlapur your fans will probably have higher expectations from you. Do you feel the pressure?

(Laughs) It’s definitely put a lot of pressure on me, but I’m not taking that pressure because I followed up Badlapur with ABCD 2, a lighter and a more fun loving film. Soon to come will be Dilwale, which is a film based in Goa. So I’ll keep trying my hand at different cinema like Badlapur as and when I get a script. But for every Badlapur there will be a film like ABCD 2 or Dilwale.

Q: Has any other film besides Badlapur made an impact on you?

Badlapur changed my life. ABCD 2 has also had a great impact on me; it was fun, it was dancing and in 3D and it was a fun film. Dilwale is also special to me. It’s a really big film with a huge budget. I think when the trailer comes out on November 9 the whole world will see what I am talking about.

Q: What was the experience working alongside talented and versatile actors like Shah Rukh and Kajol?

You know when I started off with Dilwale, on the first day itself I had to shoot with Sanjay Mishra and Johny Lever. So it kind of set the tone for me – that I would be working with the most experienced and versatile people for the film, people who have plenty of experience and are some of the best actors of the country. Sir Shah Rukh Khan comes on the set with no air whatsoever, behaves like just any other actor, and is extremely helpful. The same is with Kajol. They are both fantastic actors and very helpful. In fact, you can imagine the madness on the set with fifteen actors. Every day after pack up, Sir Shah Rukh, Boman Irani and I would play FIFA on the play station. That’s when the real bonding happened, which showed in the scenes also – I guess.

Q: There’s already so much hype surrounding Dilwale. Share some more details with us.

Dilwale, besides starring fifteen actors, has another star in the movie – Goa! After being associated with FC Goa it was a proud feeling to work on the film based in Goa.

Q: What can we Goenkars look forward to watching in Dilwale…more because it’s based in Goa?

Oh! You should look forward to a lot of craziness. I’m playing Veer, a car modifier. I know people love cars and bikes in Goa and fast and furious type of action. We have explored that kind of culture in the film and it also has a lot of fiesta.

Q: And the role Varun plays…

I’m playing the role of Veer in the film whose family has settled in Goa for quite some time. I think you can also expect a lot of comedy and emotion in the film.

Q: Did you speak Konkani in the film?

Oh yes! A little. We didn’t go all out with Konkani because we are trying to make the film pan India so that from North to South everybody can connect with the film and enjoy the movie. I’m sure Goans will have a lot to identify with in this film.

Q: What’s 2016 going to be like for you?

After Dilwale there is Dishoom which is being directed by my brother Rohit Dhawan which has Akshay Khanna, John Abraham and Jacquelin Fernandez in the lead roles. It’s an action thriller and is a very fast paced film. I like the way the film looks. It’s going to release mid next year. You will see me in an action packed role. There’s another Dharma film, which I do not want to comment on right now because it’s in the early stages.

Q: Main Tera Hero, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Badlapur, ABCD 2, Dilwale and then Dishoom in 2016. While the fun roles have gathered success, your serious role too has created an impact. So what kind of films do you enjoy playing?

When I do two fun films I also like to do a serious film. Now, I have done my quota of fun films, so it’s time now for a serious, noir film.

Q: Moving from films to ISL. What do you have to say about FC Goa

FC Goa is home for me. Last year was just the beginning. The children, the people, the fans, all support the passion…I just feed off it. I like the passion and vibes. I think the fans and the people here give me much more than I can give them. I don’t think I deserve the amount of love they give me yaar! This is the first match I’m witnessing in the second season. I can say for a fact that I don’t get this sort of reception and love in other cities like I get when I am in Goa. “Source: http://www.navhindtimes.in